Alpha Company NM insanity

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ghost, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Who needs to run around the map and loot as a team when you have a mob recon?
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Having anyone including a recon split from the team will cause minis to split as well resulting in their death especially if you have fewer than 8 players. Now requiring you to have 8 players to be able to scout quarter map distance at most is a horrible concept.

Immortals die to a lot more skills now yes but unless you killed a number of infestors prior to armory and have cp in your class you will not have your T2 talent to kill immortals with on time, so they overwhelm you.
  3. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Even then the tier 2s that do put down Immortals are not very "Fast" at putting them down, and the full court press will be more numbers than you can put down before they are right in your face. Precision Shot needs a critical to put them down from full, otherwise you are hoping you catch one half injured which is easier said than done. Like I said before, we're not all Korean. KMS doesn't refresh anywhere near fast enough to be a reliable means of whittling them down. Not to mention he's likely to get messed up pretty bad every time he does it. Having Nuke or Napalm is a good option but unlikely to happen. OSOK is really your best bet for that wave. And even then, OSOK doesn't snap off quite fast enough to put them down.
  4. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I find the biggest issue with precision shot and OSOK is that they have a considerable cast time during which the immortals are killed by the minis or your team (and the next immortal gets up) so you only have maybe 30-50% chance to even get a shot in.
  5. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Must...add...new...chainsaw weapon. Kills immortal permanently.
  6. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

You have no idea how often I am playing Easy Company and say.... "Damn I miss Chainsaw". At least once a week.
  7. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

Yay chain saw. so what's the ammo or is it energy?
    if it use ammo the assault will be :D
    if its energy marines will go >:D
  8. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

or it could not use either and be like the CB and everyone will go :heart:

and zombies will go :s :angel:
  9. ProbeGst

now does it blend?
  10. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Theoretical Chainsaws.

Well, old Chainsaw Talent was +15 armor, 200 AoE damage, and +20% movespeed or something right? I wouldn't mind seeing that on some energy training toggle weapon.
  11. ProbeGst

by the lord of god i played it and it was very rapes because that immortals or titans....
  12. poor_newb

poor_newb Member

not impossible at all, just held it at fort on a 1800 sr nm, first try with the strat, don't even need 2nd tier

[​IMG]
  13. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Rare to see someone actually using a Pyro Flamer. But nice. Particularly in Nightmare difficulty as I was told time and time again "Pyro is completely useless in Nightmare". Not that I believed it in the slightest. But there you go.
  14. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Yea but we had 2 arty fo's, and I'm pretty sure we created a crater where the fort used to be.
  15. Nomanbehind

Nomanbehind New Member

Something I found helped us pass this stage was to delay triggering the armoury. We lvled (infestor hunt etc.) abit before triggering armoury and most of the team was on tier 2 abilities.

Traps Sure helped, oh and I found a cb from somewhere lol not sure where. Must been recon gg'd it :D that's about all they're good for.
  16. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

For further proof that alpha -nm can be done, here a a replay of a very close game that almost ended in victory. Jercy made a new thread showing a victorious alpha -nm, check that out if you still don't believe me.
    [attachment=240]
  17. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

This thread was started way before many of the changes that made Alpha easier.
  18. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Including Barret and Dr. Freeman's Crowbar permakilling Immortals.