All things ANIME!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Cerhez

Cerhez Well-Known Member

I love this song of "a certain scientific railgun":)
  2. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Man, I should get on and start watching season 2. Been putting that off. Is the season almost over btw?
    Also, nice to see the music is still pretty epic. xD Level 5 Judgelight and Only My Railgun were so good.
  3. ComradeHX

ComradeHX Well-Known Member

Only my Railgun was my alarm/ringtone for a LONG time.

Just replaced it with BRS though.

===========================================
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Smell that?
    That is the smell of a burning volume 12.

[​IMG]
    No, he is going onto a nice boat for Christmas.

[​IMG]
    Mr. Kousaka Kyousuke, your order of 5 extra sharp kitchen knives are here, please open the door and sign here.

[​IMG]
    TRASH!!!
    [​IMG]
  4. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

just wathced those last 3 episodes...WHAT THE FUCK have they done -.-
  5. EdAWACSdenyY

EdAWACSdenyY Member

Any Attack on titan fans?? or maybe Evangelion Fans?? FYI Shooz I'm a Big Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan!!!
    I also like the Aquarion song

6. Akira Takeshi

Akira Takeshi Member

lol, wow. im actually surprised there are a number of type B otakus that plays notd (or maybe they are type AB acting like a type B). Knowing that sc2 is made to be like a "bad asz strategy game" it would make sense to me that most to all otakus that play sc2 are type A otakus since im more like a type AB leaning towards type A. I would be a type A but ive watched soo much anime (over 200 different animes, not including movies nor main stream anime - pokemon, naruto, one piece, bleach) that im considered type AB (just leaning more towards type A) since i would pretty much watch anything now.
    basically what makes me a type A otaku is probably the fact im into mech especially Gundam. Gundam Seed as the first anime i watch that got more into a ton of anime. basically love everyone of them i have watched so far.
    you know how there are players in notd that plays a lot and have a ton of exp and credits known as vets? ...well maybe im like that when it comes down to anime XD
    あにめがだいすきです:D
  7. Shorsnacks
    • Donator

Shorsnacks Miranda's bum :')

What is...... Type A or B? EXPLAIN PLZ
  8. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

just finished Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen. really good but kinda sad ending for Keima. Well the fact that he leaves his games n room at the end gives me reason to believe he might actually go out for a girl^^ doubt there will be another season and not srue if manga continues after this
  9. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

10. DLINK

DLINK Well-Known Member

http://www.projectharuhi.net/?p=8102

The article explains both ends of the spectrum (the 2 "types") and the pettiness in the labels.
  11. Cerhez

Cerhez Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Ohh~ shes back!!
    and OWNED all people of this ova.....
  12. Akira Takeshi

Akira Takeshi Member

Yep, what DLINK posted. What i said was type A or B otakus (people who loves anime, not the bloodtype lol). Basically, Type A otakus are referred to those who are into serious types of animes (gundam, bleach, one piece, code geass, etc), type B otakus are referred to those who are into moe (cute) types of animes (K-on, angel beats, mahou shoujo madoka, ore no imouto, etc). Typically those who watches a bunch of animes and watches both pretty evenly are type AB.
    By all means though, Im not criticizing anyone who are A type otakus or B type otakus. I'm just surprised that they have a good number of B type otakus in sc2 community that's all lol.
    あにめがだいすきぢす:D
  13. EdAWACSdenyY

EdAWACSdenyY Member

Hmmmm insightful so what class whould i be? I'm a big Evangelion fan if you check my above post

PS if you google my avatar you can tell I'm also a YuGiOh Fan can anyone guess what my avatar actually is??? :rolleyes:
  14. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

:D Well, the Type A/B thing sounded weirdly like the blood type personality thing to me. But the anime classification system seems dumb as well so I'm gonna lump them together.
  15. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

just finished Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai. fuckin weird at some parts but its ok. The ending is a little bit disappointing but acceptable.
  16. Shorsnacks
    • Donator

Shorsnacks Miranda's bum :')

Insightful, thank you.

I guess i'm kind of an A/B even though i just watch when i'm bored (And am procrastinating from doing work... hence marathoning 2 seasons of bakuman....)

Where was the "thank" button again?
  17. Akira Takeshi

Akira Takeshi Member

• Evangelion is a mech type of anime. Typically mech is a serious type of anime indicating that you are probably an A type otaku, EdaWACSdenyY. I've actually haven't watch that anime yet. Its on my anime list but haven't got to it yet. Actually most of the anime I have watched is not the popular types (Asu no yoichi, Futakoi, REC, EF, Arakawa under the Bridge, Kampfer, Nanatsuiro Drops, Sumomomo Momomo, Tears to Tiara, Welcome to NHK, Working, Seitokai Yakuindo, Upotte, GunSling Girls, etc. [and a shet load more. It wasn't a joke when I said I watched over 200 animes]).
    • I actually hate Yugioh cause of my personal experience in Yugioh (to me, one of the most regretted things I got into). The show is getting more retarded (coming from someone that watched tons of animes along with pokemon, digimon, dragonball z, etc.) and the card game is just a waste of money with all the new cards coming out (with everything being fuken overpriced) and bullshet rules. I have nothing against those who loves Yugioh, but I'm not going to get anywhere near it though.
    • I also personally don't like the A/B otaku system either Yuey (cause it does seem like you have something against those who are watching different types of anime), but it is the only way I could think of indicating the different types of otakus.
  18. EdAWACSdenyY

EdAWACSdenyY Member

I suggest you check out the Rebuild of Evangelion Movies as they are the newest basically takes epics fights from the original Anime series and makes it into a wonderful movie

Its okay if you don't like YuGiOh I personally dislike now slightly I like some cards which is symbolic but well.... yeah also my avatar pic is from this YuGiOh Card.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/_.../images/d/dd/SatelliteCannon-TU01-EN-R-UE.jpg
  19. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Well, I have nothing against what other people like, I like some fairly weird animes (I somehow like Joshiraku despite how goddam hard it is to understand any of the jokes). Also, Working and Seitokai Yakuindomo :3 I like your tastes in Anime, Akira. Although I found Kampfer hard to get into.

Also, most cardgames are like that. One reason why I never quite got into any of them besides passing interest in the old Pokemon card game. And the show isn't that retarded. Most of the original, GX and 5Ds were kinda nice, although I might be weird like that. Haven't seen the latest one though, so I'm reserving judgement on that.
  20. Akira Takeshi

Akira Takeshi Member

Well more than half of the anime i watch is the ones i get from my friends:D. Not all the anime I watch is something I like (especially that I have watched over 200 animes lol). Yea, working have nice characters and Seitokai Yakuindomo was pretty funny too. Kampfer to me is like another "whatever" series. I just love anime a lot so I try to watch as many as I can.

The animes I really liked and enjoy are like Death note, code geass, Steins Gate, Gundam (seed and 00), Angel Beats, World god only knows, fate stay night/zero, guilty crown, papa no iukoto wo kikinasai, darker than black, idolm@ster, and much more (thats what I can only think on top of my head). Some others series I think pretty good are like gurren lagann, ao no exorcist, amagami ss, hatsukoi limited, kore wa zombie desuka?, mahou shoujo madoka, bakemonogatari, shakugan no shana, to aru no index, to love ru, zero no tsukaima, k-on, full metal panic, full metal alchemist, hunter x hunter, clannad, sora no otoshimono, densetsu no yuusha, hidan no aria, highschool of the dead, infinite stratos, letter bee, ore no imouto, school rumble, skip beat, shuffle, spice and wolf, tasogare otome x amnesia, welcome to nhk, sekirei, great teacher onizuka, and more (thats majority of the animes i could think of but a lot more on my anime list i could list, just too many though to list all of it). [majority of animes I watch is the ones I get from my (guy) friends. even though many are harems, its not bad. I still like it:D]
    あにめがだいすきです:p

Well, the only Yugioh I watched was the first season where the main character was Yugi moto (or something like that). I just thought i was getting weirder throughout the series (not bad as the series started though but lost interested after.. i think around when they are dueling for their souls or whatever). I only glimps at a couple of episodes on GX and 5D but never got into it so I have no idea what its about. I understand that card games need to update a lot and create new cards to get good income, and knowing that, it is why i personally don't like it. another reason why i can't stand it is it really isn't a friendly game. more people get into it, more distant people create with each other (at least thats what i noticed from all my friends that got into yugioh). its basically every man for themselves from what my friends say. after a while, it became hard to trust anyone with people getting greedy (cards easily getting stolen). even though i only got into it a bit, i already felt distant with everyone else so i gave up on yugioh instantly.