All things ANIME!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqvEqdDZx2g&feature=player_detailpage#t=248s[/video]

AHAHAHA I'm dying! Halp! AHAHAHA
  2. ComradeHX

ComradeHX Well-Known Member

What else to expect from FMP: F?

Nothing beats good old shotgun, gas, and grenade trick.

But I like that scene with Sousuke vs. cop lady more(in horsemask episode).
  3. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

PYOONNYYY
  4. SeemsLikeAxl

SeemsLikeAxl Well-Known Member

5. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

No thanx.... I have to go walk my cat....
  6. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Go watch Ixion Saga DT.

The protagonist is perfect. The series made my day.

If you don't watch it, you're missing out.
  7. ComradeHX

Not saying it is total s**t, but animation kind of sucks for first episode; and characters are less likeable than Accel World. Not to mention all this feel a little cliche except that main character does not mysteriously have super power in game, just kick enemy in balls...

I watched it and I feel only thing I am missing is 20-ish minutes of my life. :(
  8. Arturia

I watched it, and enjoyed how bad it was. But I probably enjoyed how the protagonist was more of an anti-hero then a hero in any sense.
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

He arrives in a new world.

[​IMG]

He knows what to do when someone else is paying. They also come in handy later on.

[​IMG]

The voice change by the maid must have wrecked his hopes and dreams.

[​IMG]

He has clear motives.

I'm sorry I don't have an image of him kicking a big bad in the balls while the big bad charges his ultimate move. At least the guy took the sword with him when he left though.

While yes, the animation isn't perfectly done, I found it mostly appealing. If the animation stays constant, I would see no problems with it, because the alternative is worse. It would be terrible if they tried to just stack the first episode with extreme amounts of detail, and then let the next 12 look like garbage because they exhausted all that effort into only one episode.

It fells a lot less cliche then the other things I've seen recently, like Completely unique skills that nobody else has (I'm looking at SAO and Accel World when I said that). It brings in a somewhat normal person and doesn't give them extreme stat boosts in all categories. I didn't see any sudden surge of female love interests either, so this protagonist is clearly a logical human being considering his thought process, with slight discrepancies.

But still... That maid... I'm not too sure what to do...
  9. ComradeHX

If you do not know what to do with that maid; wait until you get to 3rd season of SAO. XD
  10. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Hmmm anyone watch Boku wa H ga Dekanai? Like Highschool DxD sorta, with ecchi scenes and an ecchi baka.
  11. Arturia

Watched it to the end, but I didn't especially enjoy it.

As far as SAO goes, I've only read up to him solving the Gun Gale Online Murders. I've been at that point for a long time, and didn't bother to read more.
  12. ComradeHX

I watched it; it was fun at first because main guy of this obviously Ecchi anime is NOT a whiny kid/dense idiot...

Except that got old very quick and entire series became very average/below average just because there is actually NOT ENOUGH ecchi for a purely-ecchi anime.

You did not get to that part when they made that new virtual-reality technology that was basically brain-burst(but almost no time limit)?
  13. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

14. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Mhmm, any watched btooom? I read the manga it's pretty interesting. It's abouts bombs. Nuff said.
  15. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Hm, lost track of my manga/anime list, but here are a few that I enjoy.

Beelzebub
    The World God Only Knows (manga apparently better than anime)
    Kimi No Iru Machi
    Fairy Tail
    Guilty Crown
    Ef
    Id (manga)
    To-Love-Ru
  16. Lucid
    • Donator

Lucid Well-Known Member

Btooom is okay so far...It kinda reminds me of battle royale except with bombs.
  17. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

18. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

EVIL YAOI, if you watched or read Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu ( light nove, manga, and anime). You would know this character. Hideyoshi, guy who looks like a girl, cross dresses, and is mistaken as a girl when he really a guy.
  19. Arturia

Traps are:

a) A male who crossdresses (i.e. a man who wears attire designed for women). Usually acts feminine.
    b) A male who possess as a female.
    c) A Bullshit practice in which animation artists draw a girl and tell you its a dude.

Not to be confused with Futanari (Possessing the sex organs of both genders).

The few examples of traps would be Watarase Jun from Happiness, Bridget from Guilty Gear, and the more recent, Kinoshita Hideyoshi mentioned above, and Mariandale from Ixion Saga DT, though, Mariandale makes no sense as a trap, because Mariandale has ample breasts and has an outfit that is somewhat more revealing than others (with no explanation for those breasts), mainly because most traps tend to be flat chested.

In short, a trap (in the conventional sense) is anything that looks like a girl, acts like a girl, but is a guy. Usually has a flat chest as a result.

Yoshinori Ikeda from Yubisaki Milk Tea is also a trap ( Yubisaki Milk Tea is only a manga AFAIK).

Reverse traps are women who dress and act like men, while the typical trap are men who dress and act like women.

I'll just say Pico from boku no pico and warn you that anime/ova series is very NSFW, and rather explicit, so avoid that series. It has yaoi written all over it, and has the ability to be wrong on many different levels at once. Don't watch it, regardless of how many times it is recommended. If you have had the misfortune of watching it, life will never be the same, especially if you watched all 3 episodes of it.

Just, try not to think to much and be careful where you tread.
  20. Lucid
    • Donator

Lucid Well-Known Member

Kinda like this eh.
    [​IMG]