Fixed [AI] - Complete game freeze of NOTD

Discussion in 'Game Bugs' started by Golgi, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Golgi

Golgi New Member

After latest patch the Arcade game NOTD is unplayable due to game freeze

Game hangs at start, during 1st hold out after tartar boss or at 1st Ere encounter. It seems to hang at different points tho randomly-these are the points for me..

This bug affects all players in the lobby no matter hardware.
    and confirmed by Moderator Daedalus, players: NewYork, Truean, Ray, Applesauce, Cheef, penguin, me etc.
    (i have: Sapphire AMD radeon 7970, Intel 3770k, OCZ vertex 4 128GB SSD, Windows 8 pro, 8GB hyperX RAM )

How does hang look:
    • You cannot move cursor
    • You cannot Alt+Tab
    • You have no timer counting down for lagg

What happens upon unfreeze (2 minutes):
    • All players are listed with lagout timer, with "Drop option vote".
    • If you wait til 2 miutes all will resume to what appers to be a functioning game.
    • Enemies wont follow their attack paths, not even bosses!
      (Black Ops attack seems to be only thing working after game unfreezes)

Blizzbugreport: https://eu.battle.net/sc2/en-gb/forum/topic/12191959082 or search for notd under support...
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  2. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Adding my own confirmation here. High end to low end spectrum hardware, doesn't matter - game experiences a hang event without fail, all campaigns, nightmare mode at the very least, likely all modes. Playing in windowed (fullscreen) mode allows one to tab out, and use task manager to terminate the program if needed. Most definitely caused by new Blizzard Patch released on the 23rd.
  3. Xombie

Xombie New Member

I tried playing a game with Cheef yesterday and the same thing happened. Game freezes up without warning, tried to alt tab out but couldn't. I just ended up ctrl+alt+del to get up the task manager. Then after I was able to get it running, 5 people lagged out soon after.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  4. Markus_Black

Markus_Black Member

Have we established what triggers this event yet?
    A specific spawn/time/action/event?
    or is it simply just a random event?
    need more testing
  5. stanK

stanK Member

Replays crash in same spots as well.
  6. Golgi

Golgi New Member

I think it might be the actual load and save process to Bank files that makes the game freeze XD

Since the game auto saves at some spots it seems likely.. also this is the one spot where maybe the code gets a bit more advanced in the map editor?
    Spots for hang so far in EC recruit: Start, After Tartar, Before Ere 1, before Ere 2
  7. Deadalus
    • Donator

Deadalus New Member

Thank you for the detailed reports guys. I'll also leave a message for the admins/devs about this. I do not know if they are currently aware of the game freezing issues after Blizzards recent patch update.

Hopefully, someone will be able to look into this.

If there are any new issues that occur please post them in this thread.

Thanks
    Daedalus
  8. Golgi

Golgi New Member

Hi Daedalus.

Recorded some footage today..
    Didn't bother download Camtasia so forgive me for the poor quality of Fraps..

Figured a visualization of the problem might help...and I used my favorite Broodwar soundtrack <3 XD

Youtube link:
  9. supernova

supernova New Member

they definitely know about it
  10. Deadalus
    • Donator

Deadalus New Member

The Devs also have this thread to view IF they need player feedback on the problems.
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

We're definitely looking into it, don't worry. We haven't abandoned NOTD.
  12. DarthCaedus

DarthCaedus Member

Could this be related to it?
  13. supernova

supernova New Member

nice find
  14. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

- Fixed a critical issue that caused the game to freeze after Blizzard's latest patch (ArcanePariah)

Thanks for reporting - please let us know if this still happens. Thanks.