AFK all game

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Jepotai, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Jepotai

Jepotai New Member

What to do, if someone AFK all game and noone can vote kick?
    Got replay. rifleman "Michael"
  2. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Kill them and say they died to a stalker.

The game's technically supposed to have autokick for afkers, but seeing as the autokick for hacks isn't working either, I guess it needs to be updated.
  3. Jepotai

Jepotai New Member

But he can karmabyte. i dont wanna lose karma:)
  4. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

You aren't from EU are you? I do remember someone called Michael who keeps going "afk" in pubs, except he isn't afk and does move if attacked etc.

Hate those kind of players, especially since you need 3 ppl to vk these days.
  5. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Should be hard to karmabite without a keyboard.
  6. Jepotai

Jepotai New Member

you do not understand the problem. He is near PC but he dont play.
    watch replay. He just stay south west or north west
  7. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Sadly, the only thing you can do is initiate a votekick or just kill him.
  8. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

That and just make a note of his name and not join games with him again.
  9. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

We have our own Michael here also.
  10. HDD
    • Donator

HDD Well-Known Member

AFK systems doesn't work well, Just Hold Fire at Tartarus Fight, Upon Death, you are kicked out of the game. I don't know whats the trigger, But if you ever attempt a Pacifist run (Which mean - No Ammo, No Gun, No Kills), You are counted has 'AFK' and boot out of the game even if you move
  11. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Nope, because I've done hold fire only games as Combat Engineer, with only the bot getting kills. There's definitely something about kills in there. Remember the X1 gives engineer kill credit as well.
  12. Diode

Diode Well-Known Member

AFk sys needs to add a min APM check and mouse movement check. For X amount of time.
  13. Theter

Theter New Member

Ohoh michael...

In my opinion, its maybe better for you if he is "afking". He won't be invited into my games anyway.

Edit : btw, ghost is gonna make some QQ post ^^, indeed we had a situation in a alpha nm tonight. (gtg to bed, i let him explain as he said in game)
  14. HDD
    • Donator

HDD Well-Known Member

I was a Medic when it happened. Might has well test it again and post a replay
  15. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Its something about a Minimum kill count. Someone held fire all game and got booted at Tartarus, I think Lightning had it happen.
  16. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Also happened with a kid in Alpha Company who found a lucky Griefer Gun drop right at start, used it to chuck things around and didn't get kills, was auto kicked because he had something like 12 kills by Demeter. I cannot remember who, but it was posted on the forum.

It's definitely a Kill Count check. He was, according to his statement, with the team, chucking enemies over and over and generally being active. He just wasn't getting kills.
  17. HDD
    • Donator

HDD Well-Known Member

Kill count check confirm but how many its needed?!!? to stay in the game, im also posting my replay from today. Duration is 12 minutes and 56 second. After Tartaraus was dead, Team was about to open the door and i got booted out. I had NO AMMO , NO MAGS , NO GUN AND NO KILLS. I was a Field Aid Medic and healing people in trouble, keeping myself actively around by clicking and healing
  18. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

19. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Which you should easily have about 2 minutes after the Epsilon download is finished at the latest, even without attack based talents and only using Gauss Rifles. You have to actively try NOT to accomplish it.
  20. CHENZ

CHENZ New Member

it's still kinda stupid to have it based on kill count rather than APM or the like. If my team has 2 arms assault and 2 mandos, i MIGHT just want to conserve ammo because they'll do better and more wonderful things with that ammo. after all, medics aren't exactly known for their DPS and they get crapton of xp from sharing anyway.