About VOIP Software

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by HDD, Jul 11, 2012.

1. HDD
    • Donator

HDD Well-Known Member

This thread is all about for THOSE who are using 'Ventrilo' Right now, Ventrilo is getting bad because of the sound quality. Many of us that are using the VOIP (aka Ventrilo) starting to hate it about the sound quality and never get a equal sound when we speak to each other. We can still live whit it, but there is many other software that apparently got a better sound quality or its more clearer than Ventrilo. But the thing is Hosting a new Server for VOIP NOTD which might a Cheaper or Expensive than what Shooz is paying or whoever is in charge of the Ventrilo Server (unless its free)

Is it possible that we can have another kind of VOIP for better sound quality than Ventrilo? Such has Teamspeak? Mumble?

I got a list of comparison of VoIP Software: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... P_software
  2. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Pssssst

Have the server switch to a GOOD codec and get a better mic.

Also by 'equal sound' I assume you mean level wise, which means you need to turn on 'normalization'
  3. Valdes

Valdes New Member

Pretty much this.

You can change the server's codec to use more (or less) bandwidth which affects the sound quality. You can also adjust the sound for individual users too.

Ventrilo is actually one of the best IMO. Teamspeak sucks. I've heard good things about Mumble but I've not yet tried it myself.
  4. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I've actually use Team Speak for Diablo 3 and find it pretty good. The sound Quality is great and the user interface is a lot more simplistic than that of ventrilo. This is coming from someone who uses both software.
  5. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Teamspeak is ventrilo for euro's

True story.