[Ability] - mono shoot mess from higher cliff

Discussion in 'Game Bugs' started by nex_, Apr 20, 2014.

1. nex_

nex_ Member

Whichever you are shooting mono from side or down, (I assume no change from shooting up) on the moment u do it from a high cliff to normal floor (and in a restricted manner from 1 cliff) the direction is missed (see next).

I think its due to the starting point calculation of the projectile coming from the high but messed with the isometric cam : to hit properly I have to aim a bit "near down of the screen" of the target.
    Or maybe the projectile is still on the starting shooter "floor" (2) and cant goes down which results in an altered perception.

Regards

none
  2. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

It's due to the "height" difference actually being a slightly different position on the isometric map. Nothing that can be done, at least practically. You just have to learn to compensate for it.
  3. nex_

nex_ Member

:( okay if nothing possible
  4. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Something can always be done about it. The problem is if the commitment of time and energy is worth it. NOTD in its present state is almost 4 years old. If we stopped to fix every last remaining bug NOTD2 would never get finished. To an extent this has been part of the reason for NOTD2s delay. That said, since this is an extremely minor issue, and in no impacts performance or crashing, its simply not worth the time to address.
  5. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

If that is the case how come we don't lock down the bugs thread for NOTD.

To be honest, I don't know what really is updated for NOTD other than the penal legion list.
  6. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I am still around to fix things in NOTD that are in my (or Blaqk's) ability to fix. This will help the rest of the core development team focus on NOTD 2.