A Warning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ramses II, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Exploitation of bugs will not be tolerated. The bonus talent points to player 1 has been tested, and has been reported. There is no longer any need to use them. Anyone caught doing so will be purged by me and others willing to defend the principles of the game. I have already ruthlessly murdered six different players who abused this bug after I warned them not to in the lobby. I will continue to do so until Ability fixes the bug, and I call upon the rest of the community to join me.
  2. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Excommunicae Traitorus hath been decreed upon Exploiters!

Now if its some zero to two hundred XPer I might give them leniency. But above that they should KNOW it's exploiting a bug and not abuse it.

Now I wait to hear Ability chime in and say it was some Valentine's Day Special or something. xP
  3. Lightning
    • Donator

Lightning Member

i bet u killed cougar cuz he blocked u
  4. Ramses II
    • Donator

No, I killed couger because he decided to abuse the talent point bug after I warned him multiple times in the lobby that I would kill him if he did. He didn't believe me. I killed him. He blocked me.
  5. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

I'll admit I've been abusing the glitch, but in all fairness. I have been going recon and holding fire all game. The sheer wealth of support skills is massively helpful at keeping new players alive (countermeasures n escape) as well as keeping order and leadership (flare n ld). But I can see where Ozys coming from, and in this case he is indeed "holier than thou". I suppose that's only proof he's been trained well. Diode would be proud.

As far as I'm concerned its a stupid bug that never should have been allowed to exist in the first place. It's obviously overpowered on a grotesque level, and no doubt today will result in massive amounts of farming. Furthermore, even if this bug is either the result of Ability doing "testing" on the pathfinder, or a "Valentines day present" its stupid and there are FAR better alternatives. In my opinion Ozy is free to seek out vigilant justice however he sees fit. As for me, I'm off to work on my own map.
  6. Lightning
    • Donator

Lightning Member

i tried the bug out, it made notd REALLY BORING. i dont know why peep will abuse it
  7. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

May I suggest just not playing with them at all instead of killing them? To me, one should never team kill on purpose for whatever the reason. Team killing someone just makes you less of a teammate than the person you just killed.

Reading your original post reminded me of Mossy and his need to kill every hacker, that he believes to have hacked, in the world. Please don't become like Mossy.

You should do what I do. When you see someone do it, write down their name and refuse to join any lobby they are in as well as invite them to any lobby you are in.
  8. Ramses II
    • Donator

EDIT: Ability announced that it was accidental, and will be fixed next patch. Until then it will be a valentines gift. Now that Ability has given it his temporary seal of approval, this is no longer a bug and use of it is no longer considered an exploit.
  9. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Should I be glad or sad that I didn't have time to play a game today? (I don't play a game of NOTD unless I have at least 1 hour to dedicate for a pub; I prefer not to leave mid-game and screw it over)
  10. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Definitely sad. Nite's double ss are a sight I don't think we'll see again.
  11. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Even so, I still wouldn't play with 35 talents as having both tier three make game boring.
  12. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

Killing teammates and fellow NOTD'ers for using 36 talent points that are available to them in the game without knowing the full situation beforehand is an unexcusable act.
    This is known as exploitation to kill under the circumstances and will not be tolerated.

All persons executing this act shall be purged by me and others who will defend the principles of morality, human sanity and logic..... and the NOTD map game.
    I am about to kill one, the OP, and possibly a few others who might deserve it and will continue to do so until they realize their ill logic and that they are trying too hard to use every excuse to play God.
    Thank you.