A rally for community members to get Ability to do something about the hackers.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Extifer, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Well I hate to say it but with the increasing numbers of hackers growing within the community watch list, I would like to ask what's being done about this?

Personally, I think its getting ridiculous because every week I see this hacker list growing and yet nothing is still being done about it. Sure we can play the game and leave, vote kick, or possibly tk when we see a hacker in game. However, I don't believe that this will necessary rid our community of them. I think something has to be done from the top (developers and Ability) in order to get a message across to the hackers.

Its really frustrating seeing these hackers obtaining all these credits, xp, weapon mods, and perks that we all know takes alot of time and dedication to obtain.

So I will say that unless Ability does something about this we will only see the community watch list grow and sadly watch vets such as myself and others to leave the game. So I will end this by saying that hackers are a disgrace to the community and something should be done about them other than having them on a list that basically does practically nothing to them.
  2. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

There was a plan to institute banning at some point, and I was under the impression that the CW was being kept up-to-date in part to prepare for its institution, but that kind of fell through the cracks. Can it be put back on the docket please?
  3. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

From what I understand, coding in additional (more manual) measures is currently not a development priority as it takes time to code or even implement other people's code, not to mention maintain it.
  4. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Here's what I found on the wiki about the bannings:
    http://notdstarcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Nig ... Archive/15

It was stated that this function would be implemented in January. I acknowledge that it's not a priority but it would be helpful if there was more info about when it could possibly be worked on since we're past January and there's no other mention of it than there.
  5. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

It was debated on being implemented from my understanding, it was discussed (likely) because blizzard had implemented the Ability to actually do that for mod-makers.
  6. Inquisitor

Inquisitor New Member

Mkay, I don't mean to piss on everyone's parade nor stand up for cheaters etc etc, but posts like this have been created over and over again since the beginning of the forum back in 2010, and haven't solved the issue at all.

Instead of creating a "lets end hacking" circlejerk style thread, PM Abi directly with a good message.
    Also, it's far too late in the game to worry about that now with HoTS right around the corner.

Not being an Arsehole, just making an observation
  7. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

astute observation good sir!
  8. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

A part of me misses seeing LtRad in the channel...
  9. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Ahahaha LtRad. I remember him. Not a bad personality, just a bad apple.

This is being worked on. Patience is a virtue. :)