A "Luck" Stat

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kith, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Int didn't give regen back when it gave DTs.
  2. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

nope just gave flat energy pool reserves... are we completely sold on the 1 dt =P. I wouldnt mind seeing the percentage dropped to 0.5 per point or even 0.33 with a 2 cap. would make pub games lots of fun :D

i mean remeber back in the days with forever dts. We all remeber those legendary games were we got 4 (my record) or 3. I mean it wouldnt happen much so it would instill that legendary game in your mind like they used too =P
  3. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Hm. Then I just liked the cap I guess. Bad memory is bad :D
    However if it was only 45 energy cap, for some classes that's not a great reason to have int. Or had.
    It is only capped to 1 DT. I think what reaper posted a while back is true. I'd just put it to 9until before stat lock. I personally do not think it is worth it. Lives can be bypassed and 1 DT won't make a difference unless its early on. By the time all stacklocks kick in place you are atleast level 7. Except surv. It being capped to max 1 doesn't make it hat special as some think, imo atleast.
  4. FerralTech
    • Donator

FerralTech Well-Known Member

hahaha

Remeber the DT curse. If you got 1 and announced it! [insert troll death]
  5. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

Let's make it also having a loss. x% to get x2 TP. When fail, then x%/10 to NOT getting any TP after each level up. That's what I called gambling.
  6. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

That shit happens way too often. We'd sometimes get games where 2 to 3 people would get DTs within the first wave in ECNM and everyone was predicting certain doom. Sure enough, INFS INFS EVERYWHEREEEEE.
  7. squish

squish Well-Known Member

FIFTY-THOUSAND ON LUCKY STAT!
  8. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

First it has been taken out due to 'renders the game too easy,inba op blablah' then its now being patched back in. Wondering what could have possibly changed your opinion because i cant see any valid one for sure ?

If it comes back in this form ofcourse everyone will fill up this one first because you all know goddamn well this game is all about having skillz therefore even the slightest chance of a DT would be better than none. Seriously do i even have to explain or remainder how it was in the past ? No way man,i am against this shit.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I've answered that question multiple times.
  10. Scorpione

Its capped to 1max DT.
    Not that big of a deal. Can barely get level 16.7 on a 2400+ sq So no level 18 :(
    SN extra lives are rather pointless. Only saves vs small dmg. Won't save me from goon nor a nuke
    I'm not for or against. There's nothing in it actual beneficial in my personal opinion.
  11. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

I just have to say that I'm not a big fan of this, since it'll make game "much" easier.
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I doubt it. You still have to spend stat points to get the bonuses, and it's not guaranteed that you'll get them like the other bonuses. I'm not concerned that this will massively upset balance.
  13. vexxenon

I'm not sure how you'll work out the medal for additional stat points. But lets just say you have the stat points, in a game where you have a chance of getting one additional live, that would impact game tremendously as most avg exp games are 2.4k+, it will save ppl's life from non 1 hit-ko deaths. This is what will make the game much much easier.
  14. Scorpione

If you are in uch games that won't usually happen anyway.
    + extra life = when low hp you're inv for 3-6seconds. Not too sure what's imba about it. You still keep alignments etc. Your vision zooms in making it annoying.
    You're only safe from small mobs. Also if you choose to get 9 luck instead of strength chances are for light classes you can still get 1hit ko by a ghoul.

T7-10 should give extra stat point.
    Also moh could have a small bonus per level. :3
  15. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

-1 to luck stat.

I agree with the previous decision to have Luck based gimmicks removed from NOTD.

MoH has its own unique bonus. I'm not sure if it has been implemented yet but it is a movespeed buff.

Also, nitpicking. Grammar Nazi hurrah (and English isn't even my primary language)
    Show Spoiler

ail·ment ([​IMG]l[​IMG]m[​IMG]nt)
    n.
    A physical or mental disorder, especially a mild illness.
    A slight but often persistent illness

a·lign·ment ([​IMG]-l[​IMG]n[​IMG]m[​IMG]nt)
    n.
    1. Arrangement or position in a straight line or in parallel lines.
    a. The process of adjusting parts so that they are in proper relative position: A set of gears needs periodic alignment.
    b. The condition of having parts so adjusted: Binocular lenses that are out of alignment will yield a double image.
    3. A ground plan: Blueprints for the building included an alignment and a profile.
    4. The act of aligning or the condition of being aligned.
    5. An arrangement or alliance of groups: a new alignment of factions in the party.
    6. Sports
    a. An arrangement or positioning of players: a defensive alignment.
    b. The grouping or positioning of teams, as in a conference or league.
  16. Scorpione

It does. But what I meant was each level maybe gives something not just level 3. It is the hardest 1 to get :p.
    Auto correct ftw. Gotta love apple right? :D
  17. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

True, MoH is the one people will likely obtain last. At what intervals though? You would reach a point of insane movespeed if that were the case. Unless levels would give miniscule amounts like 0.02 per level.

Like I said, grammar Nazi. :p
  18. vexxenon

Let me just say that 3-6 sec of god mode wont do much for new players much, but for experienced players, that means they can otentially recover from a fatal fuckup where as it would have been gg for them without the extra life.
  19. Scorpione

Can be something different in between 1 medal level. E.g level 1 gives u +1 vision range, level 2 0.01 reload speed, level 3 a free kitten blah blah tralalalala mamama kakaka. You get the idea.

True and not. Depends on situation tbh. I still would only invest on luck until before stat lock. Personally I do not have the need for a DT/Life. I'd rather have the 9strg/agi/endu. They are worth much more than 10 extra lives.
  20. WarToRock

WarToRock Member

i want a dt!!! but u only should able to get it on lvl 9, based of a % on stats u've spend on 'luck'. Also luck should be implementet to gain rnd encounters. For example: step on hex for ogi and suddenly run away from exploding zombie-sheeps which dropps 1 av, 1 mag, 1 kit etc. on death or sth like that. Without luckstat, there would happen nothing and low xpd player wouldnt be involved by those happenings which makes the game less complex for em.

Over all, the luck stat discussion is for high xpd player who shall play notd and later on still achieve... STATS.^^ (i think o.0)

but

M.B. u can set luck to let devourer spawn far away from char cuz dsm is rly hard to achieve xD

i excuse myself for writing bad english. mb a volunteer can correct it!?^^