2013 New Yrs Resolution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ImaDomo, Jan 3, 2013.

1. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Frankly I'm surprised nobody came up with this thread yet. Here my resolution for the year 2013:

Get more sleep, Notd time, and finish up my list of to read books, mangas, light novels and watch more anime. :D
  2. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

I tend not to bother with new years resolutions to be honest. Waste of time imo and I cannot be bothered to make one.

On another note, lets see how long people's resolutions last before they break them.
  3. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

I already broke mine. :p
  4. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

New years resolution = most pointless thing ever.

Reason: The New years Resolution is just another excuse for people to make various changes within their lives because they couldn't make them before hand.

Personally my belief is you don't need January 1st of w.e year it is to make whatever change you want in your life. If you want to change something, do it right away instead of looking for a reason to do so.

Ex. I'm going to start working out.

You dont need the date of January 1st to start working out. Personally I always found that to be stupid. If you want to get into shape, do it as soon as possible because that unhealthy weight you are at is only getting worse by the minute.

tl;dr

New Years resolution are excuses for people who need a reason to change something about themselves.
  5. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Here's the other part of it Extifer... People don't change.

Much less for such flimsy reasons. They might go on whatever their resolution is once... maybe twice. By the time February hits though. It's forgotten.
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

My resolution was to keep being awesome and keep doing all the stuff people make resolutions to do.
  7. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Resolutions don't have to necessarily be about changes.
  8. Blaze

Blaze New Member

My resolution is to break my fear of conflict... it terrifies me to no end and some have even see the results of what serious conflict does to me
  9. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Then its not a resolution.

Definition
    A New Year's resolution is a commitment that a person makes to one or more personal goals, projects, or the reforming of a habit.

This of course can translate to change.

If you weren't doing it before and starting to do it now then you are changing something.
  10. LftHnddSczrs

LftHnddSczrs Member

My resolution is to call my mother every week without fail
  11. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

My mum told me to do the same thing hahaha I dunno if I'll remember thou, care to remind me and we can call our mummy bears together? ^-^
  12. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

My resolution is to have resolution.
  13. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

I forgot to post here. For my new years resolution I quit smoking cigarettes.

I haven't had a cigarette in a while. I stopped counting because I figured It didn't matter how long. I wanna say three weeks-ish?
  14. Sicpric

Sicpric New Member

It's just another day. Nothing changes.
  15. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Cept the date
  16. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Its what you make it to be ^-^
  17. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Yes and nice work Shooz keep on going, be a healthy person and live longer.
  18. Blaze

Blaze New Member

my other resolution was break my my sheer fear of the dark... im terrified of being alone in the dark in an unfamiliar place i almost have a mental breakdown if im there too long
  19. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Blaze...do you watch horror movies? Good training for the ones that are afraid or are faint of heart.