0 Hit Medal - For or Against?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grandmarshal, Dec 12, 2012.

1. grandmarshal

grandmarshal New Member

Hi all,

some of us have already entered into the prestigious 0 hit club before. i was thinking...would it be a good idea to implement in future a Medal for taking 0 hits, rather than just commemorating us in a thread?

Since we have Silver Star for Rofl, how about expanding further for other classes as well?
  2. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I think it should be a medal similar to SSM or CAR. You get 0 hits, you get a medal tick regardless whether or not its NM. It encourages players to obtain 0 hits for all modes regardless of what they play.

However, it should not be available for solo option because there has to be at least 3 players in order to get that medal.
  3. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Sounds too easy.
  4. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Says the guy who's not even part of the 0 hits club.
  5. Blaze

Blaze New Member

ive come so close so many times to get it ruined by friendly fire... can it not count as hits if its that?
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

7. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Going to have to say no. The biggest reasons is that although getting 0 hits is good, I'd rather have a team mate take a hit for me then let me die. Also, this is MASSIVELY MASSIVELY class biased. Mobcons/Rifle/Demos will rack up a ton, whereas Tech and Assault are screwed from the get go.
  8. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Same as my fellow Arc. A reward like that breeds selfish play, sacrificing a teammate for yourself, creating an "Every man for himself" attitude.

If they did add a medal I'd rather it be for something like... reworking the Lifesaving Medal into "Heal X damage on another player during a game". Which you'd go "Yeah, that's still just are you a medic or not?" But it would also be reachable by people who know how to use some bandages correctly. And that doesn't get enough use.
  9. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

So why does SilverStar medal exist then? And why is it exclusive to Roflman?
  10. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

The original Silver Star was to win with 8 Rifleman, but because of the increased difficulty of them game, that effectively became impossible in all stories on NM. The main reason I believe that Rifleman gets this medal is that since he is the base class, he is the most all around class there is. Learning with him to not take hits means you will survive with other classes. He is the middle of the road, so the perfect class to learn kiting/dodging without having to take into account class specfic weaknesses (Slow moving, Low shields, Frail, etc).
  11. Ramses II
    • Donator

Because originally silver star was for winning with everyone as a rifleman, but that got scrapped because it was basically impossible in high-sr nm (you'd run out of ammo). I suspect Ability put in the new silver star not thinking about the fact that it was no longer a team medal, where even bronze star was encouraging players to keep playing as a predator and help out the team. It won't be removed because people have worked hard to get their silver stars and it would be unfair to them to lose that work. I do think, however, that with the advent of NOTD2 there will likely be no single character medal (unless medals are re-worked to not be primarily won as a team).
  12. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

I on the other hand would rather like to see an medal for 100k hits and still surviving (things worth medals)
  13. Ramses II
    • Donator

Or 0 hits and dying to non-friendly fire
  14. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

It will largely encourage more care to be taken when playing.

Also not everyone sticks to one class. After a while people got bored and will likely try classes that are squishy. This is when they cantry and get the medal
  15. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

I would be against completely, there is nothing that bugs me more than when people are running around in circles during surprise seeker waves instead of shooting and knifing like the rest of us because they dont want to lose there 0 hits.

Some of you may think that just doesnt happen.. but if i were to name names i could think of at least 5-10 people who do this on a regular basis and make me want to rip on them everytime i play with them.

That being said i wouldnt throw a fit if it were to happen, its still a nice accomplishment.
  16. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Lol thx
    [hr]
    Im pretty sure all medals and lvl ups already = max stats
  17. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Actually, with max Rank and Medals, you get 1 extra stat beyond what you can use.
  18. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Oh my jesus can i trade it in for creds?? That would be sweeeet
  19. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Probably not, not to mention I did say Max Rank, which is... a long way off for anyone. Highest XP last I checked was DL at 210k, Ghost at 200k, Archangel/DryRain at 180k ish and myself at 167k or so. Max rank is 350k.
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

"Likely" isn't the word that I'd use.